If they are currently in Belgium, Denmark, Germany, Finland, France, Greece, Italy, Luxembourg, Malta, the Netherlands, Australia, Norway, Austria, Romania in Spain, Sweden, Switzerland and the United Kingdom, they can obtain reintegration support through the ERRIN network of which Caritas is a part.
Indeed, many citizens have not obtained a valid permit to stay in their host country or wish, after a time, to return voluntarily to their country. Caritas International now wants to strengthen assistance for return through its participation in the ERRIN Specific Action Program.
As the ‘single point of contact’, Caritas International and other NGO’s concerned, work together on the return of citizens from numerous ERRIN partner countries.
“Belonging to the ERRIN network means that we will use our expertise in ‘pre-departure consultations and post arrival reintegration’ within the ERRIN network”, explains Sofie de Mot, coordinator of the team of consultants working for Caritas International on return and reintegration. “We have already organized the return and reintegration from Belgium. Today, we are expanding our activities mainly to other countries of departure and arrival.”
What do we offer?
The reintegration services include:
- Basic assistance upon the arrival of the returnee, such as reception at the airport, transportation to temporary or permanent housing, emergency housing if necessary…
- Support for professional training and education if necessary;
- Support for accessing the job market (instruction on how to write a CV, etc.);
- Support for finding a job or starting a small business;
- Other forms of support tailored to the needs of the returnee, with particular attention to vulnerable groups (eg. women, people with mental or physical disabilities, victims of trafficking/smuggling and UAMs).
This project is co-funded and made possible by
- Austria – Ministry of Interior
- Australia – Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- Belgium – Federal Immigration Office and Federal Agency for the Reception of Asylum Seekers
- Denmark – Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Finland – Finnish Immigration Service
- France – French Immigration and Integration Office
- Germany – Federal Office for Migration and Refugees
- Greece – Ministry of Public Order and Citizen Protection
- Italy – Ministry of Interior
- Luxembourg – Ministry of European and Foreign Affairs
- Malta – Ministry for Home Affairs and National Security
- Netherlands – Repatriation and Departure Service
- Norway – Norwegian Directorate of Immigration
- Romania – General Inspectorate for Immigration
- Spain – Integration of Immigrants Migration Board
- Sweden – Swedish Migration Agency
- Switzerland – State Secretariat for Migration
- United Kingdom – Home Office – Immigration Enforcement