- Reduce the risk of natural disaster in the communities, thus making them more resilient.
- Construct 60 to 100 homes and renovate 60 or 100 others.
- Make the communities autonomous through improving their living conditions (for example the agricultural productivity) and giving them access to basic social services.
The communities of indigenous peoples in the Aklan’s region have been neglected for centuries. They barely have access to basic social services such as education, health care, infrastructure and other amenities that are ordinarily enjoyed by non-IP communities.
Super Typhoon Yolanda aggravated their conditions by damaging their main source of livelihood. They have become poorer and more vulnerable to the hazards and impacts of climate change.
All interventions will be coupled by capacity building and community formation. The project will assure the participation of the very poor and neglected segments of the community in all the interventions based on their priorities and potentials.
- Dalagsaan : 410 households, 1,032 men, 1,025 women, total 2,057 persons.
- Manika : 463 households, 1,807 men, 1,786 women, total 3,593 persons.
- Oyang : 189 households, 551 men, 545 women, total 1,096 persons.
> TOTAL : 1,062 households, 3,390 men, 3,356 women, total 6,300 persons.