Indeed, many Russian citizens have not obtained a valid permit to stay in their host country or wish, after a time, to return voluntarily to their country. Caritas International now wants to strengthen assistance for return through its participation in the ERIN Specific Action Program. To do this, our organisation works in close collaboration with Caritas Moscow and the NGO Sintem in the Chechen Republic. The program also provides reintegration assistance to non-voluntary returnees.
As the ‘single point of contact’, Caritas International and Caritas Moscow work together on the return of Russian citizens from numerous ERIN partner countries.
“Belonging to the ERIN network means that we will use our expertise in ‘pre-departure consultations and post arrival reintegration’ within the ERIN network”, explains Hermien Wittouck, project manager at Caritas International.
What do we offer?
The reintegration services proposed by Caritas Moscow include:
- Basic assistance upon the arrival of the returnee, such as reception at the airport, transportation to temporary or permanent housing in Russia, emergency housing if necessary…
- Support for professional training and education if necessary;
- Support for accessing the job market (instruction on how to write a CV, etc.);
- Support for finding a job or starting a small business;
- Other forms of support tailored to the needs of the returnee, with particular attention to vulnerable groups (eg. women, people with mental or physical disabilities, victims of trafficking/smuggling and UAMs).
This project is co-funded and made possible by
- Austria – Ministry of Interior
- Australia – Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- Belgium – Federal Immigration Office and Federal Agency for the Reception of Asylum Seekers
- Denmark – Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Finland – Finnish Immigration Service
- France – French Immigration and Integration Office
- Germany – Federal Office for Migration and Refugees
- Greece – Ministry of Public Order and Citizen Protection
- Italy – Ministry of Interior
- Luxembourg – Ministry of European and Foreign Affairs
- Malta – Ministry for Home Affairs and National Security
- Netherlands – Repatriation and Departure Service
- Norway – Norwegian Directorate of Immigration
- Romania – General Inspectorate for Immigration
- Spain – Integration of Immigrants Migration Board
- Sweden – Swedish Migration Agency
- Switzerland – State Secretariat for Migration
- United Kingdom – Home Office – Immigration Enforcement