Difficult access to housing
“Often, they face the language barrier, difficulties with paying a rental guarantee, the shortage of cheap housing, as well as the discrimination that they face,” comments Ariane Dewandre, head of the integration unit who set up these Housing-cafes.
The teams – made up of integration coaches and volunteers – “Housing-cafés” accompany admitted refugees in their search for housing, this usually being the first contact with the owner, by telephone, until the installation and the first steps such as registration to the commune, CPAS, school, etc. take place.
• Housing-cafés are organized in Liège, Brussels, and Antwerp
• They take place 2-3 per week per city
• These are also meetings between Belgians and refugees in a friendly setting
To learn more
• Brussels: email@example.com
• Liège / Wallonie: firstname.lastname@example.org
• Antwerp / Flanders: email@example.com
• Housing to offer? Register via online form.